Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Liebster Blog Award!

Unfortunately I was nominated a month ago, but regardless I believe I should carry on the tradition and nominate some of my favorite, well-deserving blogs! The hard part is choosing! So many deserving hidden gems! First off, a huge thank you to Helen from Blue Eyed Beauty Blog who lovingly nominated me! See the original post here
  Facts of the Liebster Award:

The Liebster Award's origins are pretty much a mystery. Bloggers nominate other bloggers that have 200 or less followers. It's basically a "Hey, that's a sweet little blog you've got there. Here's an award!" You can't just accept the award. You have to play by the (ever changing) rules and pay it forward. Then you can put the award on your blog for all to see.

The Rules:

1. List 11 facts about yourself.
2. Answer the 11 questions given to you.
3. Create 11 new questions for the bloggers you nominate for the award.
4. Choose 11 bloggers with 200 or less followers to nominate.
5. Go to each bloggers page and let them know about the award.
6. Thank the person who nominated you and link back to their blog. 

11 Facts:
1. I'm a portrait photographer turned conceptual fine art photographer.
2. My favorite color is pink, always has been, always will be. BUT I tell people its green because people tend to bombard me with all things green until I get sick of it, and I don't want that to happen with pink. ;)
3. I'm mom to a chihuahua, he's my fur child, my baby, and my best friend. His name is Reeses! <3
 4. I'm extremely shy, quiet, and reserved. Unless I'm shooting a camera.
5. I bite my nails. Badly. Every day of my life. And I can't stop.
6. I love writing, and have dreamt of publishing a book since I was 4. But I'm a horrible writer, so blogging is my compromise!
7. I drink way too much coffee, but I love the taste and warmth so much I could never stop! 
8. I tell everyone I'm a vegetarian, but I'm not. I eat chicken and shrimp which in most people's mind IS a vegetarian (its not). I haven't eaten any other meat (on purpose) in almost 20 years. Ahem, I'm 24.
9. I dream of making a difference, I haven't figure out where or how yet. But I will. "Self Sustaining" is my start. Someday I hope to start a charity.
10. I have a love/hate relationship with DIY. A sociopolitical reason. Stayed tuned for a post on that.
11. I have more jeans than shoes. And I have a LOT of shoes. ;)

Here are the 11 questions from Helen:

1. Where were you born? Northern California
2. What is your favorite hobby?
My hobby is photography, it also happens to be my job! :)
3. If you could only have five pieces of clothing in your closet what would they be (not including pajamas or undergarments)?
Paris Blues Jeans, Delia's jeans, red high heels, bebe trench coat, and red lace halter!
4. Are you happy living where you do right now?
I'd like to find my own place in the world.
5. What is your favorite thing about blogging?
Getting the chance to share the ideas in my head with the world! =)
6. Have you ever gotten an award before--not just in the blogging world!-?
A few for poetry and photography, marketing events and graphic design.
7. Would you rather go for a walk or a run?
Run.
8. How many kids do you want to have?
Not really sure, I'll get to that when I get to it. ;)
9. What are your favorite junk foods (3-5)?
Probably ice cream and chips, and fries.
10. What is one odd habit you have?
If I touch something with my left hand, I have to touch it with my right (or vice versa) or the other hand will start tingling. Yup. Odd.
11. What was your first car?
Civic, still got it. <3 it. Only considering trading it in for a bigger honda.

MY 11 Questions:
1. Where do you live?
2. Favorite recipe?
3. Favorite author?
4. Most common thing you google search?
5. Favorite animals (wild or domestic)?
6. What is your favorite thing to blog about?
7. Favorite Disney character (cartoon or live action)?
8. When did you start blogging?
9. If you could tell your childhood self one thing, what would it be?
10. When is the last time you went a date, what did you do?
11.  What would you do if money was no object, and you could NOT fail?

MY 11 Nominees:

Make sure you check out these blogs! They deserve some love, and have wonderful posts! I will update the links as they play along with the Liebster Blog Award! Thank you again Helen!

Photobucket

7 comments:

  1. Wow, I get nominated twice in the same week, thank you so much! Might take me a while to get that post up though! Thanks again!!
    <3 Dana @ This Silly Girl's Life

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally love your answers!! I think this is the coolest award because you really get to know some of your favorite blogs, or rather the blogger behind them, and that is so cool! Thanks for letting me know you got this up! It's linked now on my original post! :)

    Helen
    Blue Eyed Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the nom - I'll link back to my Liebster award a little earlier this month ...

    http://thriftshopcommando.blogspot.com/2012/11/rednesday-and-im-leibster.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you SO much for the nomination! I love your answers and what a great way to get to know you a bit more! I'll let you know when I link back to this post! Hope you have a great Sunday!

    Jenny
    www.jensoutfitjournal.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm happy to let you know that the award has been posted, and your questions, answered! And they were very interesting! Again, THANK YOU VERY MUCH!

      Delete
  5. Hi Ariana, thanks so much for the nomination! You can read all my answers here: http://sarahsaturdiy.blogspot.com/2012/11/liebster-blog-award.html

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, questions, and suggestions so leave me some love- I read and respond to everything! =)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...