Friday, October 14, 2011

DIY PROJECT: Spray Paint a Dress

When you saw my original Halloween how-to post, I know what you were thinking...where did she get such an awesome gray and black striped dress?!


(Oh, you weren't thinking that? Well you're going to find out anyway.) =)


 I found this dress at the Goodwill for $8 LAST YEAR (At Halloween, so everything was 50% off...make that $4)


gangsta dear wallet 



MATERIALS:

A dress (gray ugly boring one)

Black spray paint (had it on hand)

Masking/painters tape [Thinner the size, the better]

Scissors

Accessories [To dress up the outfit!]

Oh and a wonderful boyfriend [best friends/sisters/and moms work too!]



First wash the dress-you know, with my fancy little cleaning guide!

Simply place the tape vertically down the dress.


Perfection is impossible, so try not to worry about it. I only had thick tape on hand, so I used scissors to cut the tape down the middle to make two strips.

gangsta dear wallet

Once it was all attached, take it outside and spray paint away!

I let it dry for an hour or two before removing the tape.

gangsta dear wallet

Then I left it a day before washing in HOT water (to set the paint). After it dried I washed it again using dishsoap to make it less crinkly (and smell good!)

gangsta dear wallet

I accessorized the dress using a black high waist belt, stockings and fedora.

Instant Gangsta just add spray paint!


Total cost (for me) $4 [For the dress!]

Have a question? Let me know! I'd be happy to answer it!--I guess you know which costume I WONT be this year ;)

EDIT// I got an email asking what my boyfriends costume is. He was Clark Kent with his super hero costume on underneath.


superman dear wallet

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, questions, and suggestions so leave me some love- I read and respond to everything! =)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...